Connecting to KICE wireless network when not at your home campus or with a personal/non-school laptop
- Click on network connections icon at the bottom of your screen near the clock. A menu should appear, click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Manage wireless networks on the left hand side.
- Click on Add button.
- Click on Manually create a network profile
Put in settings as above for Kingscote Campus. KICE_KI_Secure_Wireless
-if at Parndana put in network name: KICE_PA_Secure_Wireless
-if at Penneshaw put in network name: KICE_PE_Secure_Wireless
Security type WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
Start this connection automatically is ticked
- Click on Next button
- Click on Change connection settings
- Click on Security tab up the top
- Click on Settings button in middle of screen.
- Untick the box next to Validate server certificate, Untick the box next to Enable Fast Reconnect, Click on Configure button
- Untick box next to Automatically use my Windows logon name………., Click the OK button out of all screens and close for the last screen.
A bubble should appear down the bottom near your clock after a few seconds. Click on the bubble.
A password box will come up. Enter your login details that you use to log onto the computers at the campus your currently in (not your internet password). It will remember these wireless settings next time and connect you automatically.
Internet Explorer Proxy
- Open Internet Explorer
- go to tools menu at the top
- click on internet options, connections tab, LAN settings button, tick the box next to use a proxy, put in address field -
Kingscote Campus – 10.72.8.47
Parndana Campus – 10.87.88.47
Penneshaw Campus – 10.87.106.47
Port is always 8080 for all campuses.
OK out of all screens. Close and reopen Internet Explorer.
A box will come up requesting your username and password in Internet Explorer. Use the same details as used above but put the following in front of your username at each campus-
- Kingscote Campus put in kurriculum\your logon name
- Penneshaw Campus put in wcurriculum\your logon name
- Parndana Campus put in curriculum\your logon name
Put in your logon password as used above previously.
You should now be able to access the internet.
If you have any problems please seek assistance from IT support