How to get all the iWork apps, iPhoto, and iMovie for free on an eligible iPhone or iPad
In September 2013 Apple announced that they would make the iOS versions of their iWork apps plus iPhoto and iMovie free for iOS 7 enabled devices that were purchased after September 1. That means you can download Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iPhoto, and iMovie all for free.
Download them the first time you launch the App Store on your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
The App Store should ask you to download all free apps made by Apple the first time you launch the App Store as long as you meet all the eligibility requirements. To do, follow these steps:
- Launch the App Store from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad
- On the popup that comes up, tap on Download All.
- Enter any credentials you’re asked to enter concerning your Apple ID.
That’s it. Your downloads will begin.
Find and download them manually in the App Store
If you aren’t sure if you want or need all 5 apps, or you accidentally dismissed the popup the first time you launched the App Store on your new device, you can also view all of them in one place in the App Store by following these steps:
- Launch the App Store app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- From the Featured tab, scroll down and tap on the New to the App Store? tile under Collections.
- Once again, scroll down towards the bottom and tap on the tile for Apps made by Apple.
- Here you can see a list of all the apps Apple makes. Tap any one of them to view more information on them or tap on the price to download them.
It’s worth noting that Apple does move collections around here and there so if you aren’t finding the Apps Made by Apple section, simply search for either Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iPhoto, or iMovie individually to pull them up or tap on the download links below straight from your iPhone or iPad to download them directly.
- iPhoto – Download Now
- iMovie – Download Now
- Pages – Download Now
- Numbers – Download Now
- Keynote – Download Now